SUPERFOOD MATCHA BARS!
By the wonderful Food Blogger Andrea
Food Blogger Andrea is a plant-based food blogger who loves to cook and create her own recipes, like these INCREDIBLE superfood matcha bars! She was NOT going to settle for the usual handful of raw nuts or fruit so whipped up these matcha masterpieces! Andrea is all about eating food jam-packed with nutrients and believes the road to optimal heath begins with the food you eat. She finds cooking therapeutic and an outlet where she can experiment and make new food creations.
For the bars:
– 1 cup and a half of pecans
– 1 cup of cashews
– sprinkle of cinnamon
– 8 pitted dates
– 1 tbsp MIX N MATCHA
– 1 tbsp chia
– 1 tbsp LSA
– 1 tbsp protein powder
– 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
– 3 tbsp water
– optional: if you want a sweeter taste, you can add 1 tbsp maple syrup
For the topping:
– a handful of shredded coconut
– a handful of goji berries
– about ¼ cup toasted sunflower kernels (I toasted these using a pan for about one minute until they became more golden in colour)
1. Add all ingredients for the bars into a food processor and blend for about 5 minutes until the texture is no longer crumbly and is able to stick together. If it is still too crumbly, add a tablespoon of water (and keep on adding more water until it’s no longer crumbly).
2. Place the mixture on a baking try and spread evenly. Use the back of the spoon to create a smooth surface.
3. Sprinkle the toppings on top of the bar mixture and press the toppings firmly on the top of the mixture.
Almond milk (Almond Breeze)
Coconut water (Natural Raw C)
Desiccated coconut and coconut oil (from Coconut Magic)
MIX N MATCHA powder
Coconut protein (Inca Organics)
Homegrown mint to finish
Blend to taste and enjoy!