– 4 cups desiccated coconut (or shredded coconut for more chew)
– 3/4 cup coconut oil
– 4 tablespoons coconut cream, chilled
– 3 teaspoons peppermint extract
– 4 tablespoons rice malt syrup
– Pinch of saltCoating
– 2 blocks Whittaker’s Dark Chocolate Optional: Make it refined sugar free by making your own chocolate from scratch by melting and mixing equal parts of coconut oil, raw cacao powder and maple syrup.
– 2 blocks Sweet William white chocolate
– 3/4 teaspoonMatcha Maiden powder
– 1/4 cup dessicated coconut
1. In a food processor, blend all filling ingredients for a few minutes until combined.
2. Firmly pack the filling mixture into a lined tin. Store in the freezer until set.
3. Once set, cut into desired shapes then coat with melted dark chocolate (I melted and coated in two batches, melting 1 block of Whittaker’s dark chocolate at a time in the microwave for 1.5mins) before placing the bars on a baking paper lined tray. Refrigerate until set.
4. For the drizzle effect, melt white chocolate then stir in Matcha powder. Use a teaspoon to drizzle the chocolate back and forth over each bar. Sprinkle desiccated coconut over melted white chocolate before the chocolate sets. Refrigerate until set.